The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Friday, August 04, 2006

A Fanciful Fiesta of Unicorns


I know what you are thinking: There aren't enough unicorns on the site.

And I can see your point. Besides the two on the right there really isn't much else. I would really like to add more unicorns to the site. Unfortunately, I have a horrible feeling it would probably end up something like this.

Yes, you read correctly, that link is to unicornlady.net. And no, I don't really know the unicorn lady (and I am not the unicorn lady). I do have to admire her love though. So public ... and musical.

I suppose I could go to the other extreme in my unicorn love and maybe do something like UnicornsAreRad.com. I don't really get the feeling that he actually loves unicorns though (plus he misspelled Jenga ... come on, Jinga I mean, WTF?!). It seems like the amazing and magical unicorn is not treated with the reverence and respect it deserves.

Sigh ... I suppose I'll have to settle for some comfort merch from Unicorns.com. I want this unicorn shirt so bad. Oh, but this Unicorn Touch Lamp is so awesome! It's so hard to choose ...

6 Comments:

At 8/05/2006 5:02 AM, Blogger mdhatter said...

Would you care to guess how many feline companions the unicorn lady has?

 
At 8/05/2006 6:08 AM, Blogger fish said...

My first thought was there actually weren't enough tributes to Lady Di on the site.

 
At 8/05/2006 8:56 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Ah, Lady Di ... yes, she has long been a supporter of the Well Roundedness of Nerds. Unfortunately her untimely passing has set our movement back years.

Where was I, ah yes, the tribute. Here at WRN, we feel that the best tribute to Diana is through no tribute at all ... by us even talking about it we cheapen it's very essence (what can I say, we don't run a high class blog here).

Still, she is always in our thoughts, each and every post we put up. Gone but not forgotten.

 
At 8/05/2006 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dood, I told you not to show anyone my unicorn lady site. I don't want everyone coming over and gawking.

 
At 8/05/2006 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Miss Thistle over at stopcomingontome.blogspot.com has something that dEn will love.

 
At 8/06/2006 4:25 PM, Blogger Unicorns AreRad said...

I think we all see the unicorn in different ways... I use irony and weird sarcasm, but at the end of the day... I think unicorns need more love from everyone. The Unicorn Lady might smell like cat pee, but she does lover herself some unicorns.

 

Post a Comment