The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ach! Mein Augen!

Well, got a little bored at work today and decided to spend a couple minutes working on a new design for the ol WRN blog.

I know what you're saying, "I enjoy the horribly painful process of trying to read dark green and grey text on a dark brown background!"

I just thought it might finally be time to try to take a step forward.

This is a very rough sketch of some ideas I had and would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks.

(also, I don't remember the exact conjugation on the german. I can't remember if it's Meinen Augen -- is that a direct object one? -- or just Mein)

A couple earlier revisions in the full post.

The first attempt:

Testing it out:

Mixing it up a little:

8 Comments:

At 7/13/2006 7:54 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

 
At 7/14/2006 6:28 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Dood, it is all about the light blue one.

And Ach! Mein Augen! Is fine as far as I can remember. Mein Deutsch ist schleckt.

Seriously, the German professor at college actually made me worse with each class.

 
At 7/14/2006 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard he also made out with you, Chuckwagon.

dEn, dood just change the blog. In fairness to Chuckles, can we get some hot pictures of the nerds on the banner too? It could boost readership, if Fullie is 1/2 the man that Chuckie speaks of.

 
At 7/14/2006 8:59 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

fulsome is half the man I am, but then most men only measure up to about a quarter of me.

 
At 7/14/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

AG, it's a process. I'm just throwing out some of the designs I'm working in photoshop.

Even when I decide I like something well enough to put it up (which probably won't be for another week), I still have to go through the arduous task of converting it from photoshop to HTML/CSS. And once I've done that I still have to try to turn it into a Blogger template.

Also, no. There will be no nerd pictures on the blog. It's kind of a rule.

 
At 7/14/2006 11:19 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Unless we are holding signs in front of upper halfs.

 
At 7/14/2006 11:38 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Hmmmmmm ... that ... gives ... me ... an idea.

Looks like I'll be working on a slightly different WRN logo tonight.

 
At 7/17/2006 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You girls have the same rule as Punkass with the photos. Good grief, look at Patsy Bell. He's no Prince Charming and his mug is everywhere. Oh wait, it's photoshopped everywhere. Good plan!

Can we atleast get rid of the puke green?

 

Post a Comment