The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Another Glimmer of Hope

A Glimmer of HopeMy quest to get my TiVo fully functional continues. The port forwarding I was looking for earlier seems to be emminently doable with my Mac. I found this firewall configuration software originally called Brickhouse but now called Flying Buttress. With it I should be able to get the appropriate ports forwarded to my TiVo.

I even found this TiVo Forums post detailing some ways to test my connection to it and this TiVo support page detailing the ports I need open.

I'll have to wait until I get home tonight before I can test some of these things out.

I'm also trying to get my PowerBook hooked back up to my TV so that I can use my Bluetooth keyboard (and pick up a BT mouse) for controlling the computer from my couch. That way I would be able to check baseball scores (or watch the MLB GameDay) on my TV and get streaming audio through my surround sound system. Plus, I would be able to play DivX movies on my TV that way.

Someday, when I get a new HDTV I'll try to get a Mac Mini and see if I can switch this system over to that. It should be able to handle all the things this PowerBook does, plus it would have the standard remote that all Macs come with (and Front Row) making everything much easier.

In the meantime, I guess I'll keep slumming it with my 500MHz PowerBook.

[UPDATE 12:02 PM EDT: Tonight is the premier of the new season of Always Sunny in Philadelphia on FX. The show is hilarious (now with Danny Devito!) so catch it if you can]

8 Comments:

At 6/29/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Man-at-Arms is looking for you.

 
At 6/29/2006 11:56 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Haha, I bet he is.

I love Google image search!

 
At 6/29/2006 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I FOUND YOU!1!!

 
At 6/29/2006 3:51 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

HAHA! Man-At-Arms, you little trickster, you got me good!

 
At 6/30/2006 7:51 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

He is a tricksie little cyborg.

I hope Man-E-Faces doesn't come after me. I owe him some money.

 
At 6/30/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Yeah, well that's what you get for making a bet about neutering Battle Cat.

 
At 6/30/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I was totally robbed on that. The bet involved Cringer.

How the fudge was I supposed to know that Cringer and Battle Cat were the same person? Battle Cat has that crazy helmet! They don't look anything at all similar!

Fucking Man-E-Faces.

 
At 1/26/2013 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"и то истина" [url=http://profvesti.ru/o-stroitelstve-zabora/116-stroitelstvo-derevyannogo-zabora.html]скрипт строительного портала[/url]

 

Post a Comment