The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Thursday, July 20, 2006

An Alternate Future

Like the awesome show Sliders, you're going to be able to see how the world would be different if one little event had change ... in this case that event is the design of the Well Rounded Nerds.

The reaction to the first design was generally amiable but I think mdhatter and AG were right in their assessment that it didn't seem to catch the spirit of the WRN page.

Today, instead of doing work for a little bit, I focused on coming up with a slightly more interesting design.

It's not done yet, but I don't know if it ever will be at this pace so here it is anyway. I've also got one with a blue background in the full post.


Full Post
more blue:

9 Comments:

At 7/20/2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like red. i also like dontEATnachos. he = awesome.

 
At 7/20/2006 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back off Melsie, I got dibs on dEn. He was my blogger obsession before eveyone except perhaps Chuckiepants.

dEn, AG is loving that you took her advice. I really like the pink background. It gives it some spice. Some sizzle. Some AG loving! You guys should also consider a mascot like Helob for the page.

 
At 7/20/2006 7:57 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

Better Red than dead, I always say. I dig it.

 
At 7/21/2006 7:17 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

i like the posters. I'm not so sure about the pink. It looks cleaner than what we're got now.

How does the dancing unicorn fit into it though?

 
At 7/21/2006 7:39 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

sorry, it doesn't look pink on my monitor. I'll darken it up a bit I guess.

also, there is a plan for the unicorn. Oh yes, there is a plan.

 
At 7/21/2006 8:22 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

oh, well I guess I'm not going to work on that instead of doing actual work because it seems I forgot my flash drive at home today.

Maybe I'll get an update posted sometime this weekend (as if I've never learned anything from making my do work on the weekend plans).

 
At 7/21/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I like the signs. Maybe Blue with some unicorns humping in the background.

 
At 7/21/2006 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuckles, at least the unicorns get humped...

I like the pink, dEn. Don't let Fullie who like never effin' shows up for anything blog related anymore, tell you.

Fullie, I expect thong contest entries, young man!

 
At 7/25/2006 6:53 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

That is not going to happen, AG. fulsome is off on a bromantic bender.

 

Post a Comment