The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Anticipating the 'Stick


Hey, sorry for the incredibly long break between posts. I've been busy with work and all that. Actually, they got all new equipment and free weights at the gym so I spent a month wandering around disorientedly. Just recently have I managed to escape and begin to once again post on the WRN blog.

Anyway, this time of year it's usual for people to anticipate the upcoming holidays, be it Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, or whatever other holiday I'm not aware of. Often I would feel the same way. Not this year though. At least not as of 6 PM today. That's when I officially reserved tickets to go see Butterstick at the National Zoo.

The tickets are only good for 10 minutes and there is no guarantee that the 'Stick will be out. Still, the hope that I may get to see this cute little ball of fuzz romping around is enough to get me psyched. I'll definitely be bringing my camera and maybe I'll be able to capture a little movie of Butterstick scampering about.

Until then, I guess I'll just have to get my panda fix from some of these pictures here.

Still, the countdown to Jan. 6, 2006 has begun. Hopefully Panda Day '06 will end in success.

9 Comments:

At 12/20/2005 3:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah! It's Nacho man. Allow me to introduce myself:

I am Adorable Girlfriend. I spend half of my day working and the other half flirting with your boy Chuckie. I went to a better liberal arts school than your boys, though Chuckie tries to deny it.

You will love me and my comments so long as you post now and again. :Enter my plea: You know Chuckie's humor and Fulsome's ability to go AWOL pretty frequently, so help a girl out here and free up some time for blogging!

I am so psyched you are back from outerspace.

 
At 12/20/2005 3:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

P.S. Let us know if you saw the fur ball of cute.

 
At 12/20/2005 5:16 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Flirting? Is that what we do?

 
At 12/20/2005 8:31 PM, Blogger Matthew May said...

Cute pic :)

 
At 12/21/2005 6:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Chuckie, don't be coy!

Did you see the fur or what? Some of us have nothing else to do at work today but wonder these sorts of questions. Don't leave us hanging until lunch.

 
At 12/21/2005 7:32 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Fur? What fur would that be that I may or may not have seen?

 
At 12/21/2005 8:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did he or did he not see the Panda? If I understood him, he was going to get to spy the area he would be in for 10 minutes.

 
At 12/21/2005 8:36 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

I believe it is Panda Day '06, as in, it hasn't happened yet.

 
At 12/21/2005 9:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Crap, I didn't read that last sentence. Fulsome, two points for you. I really need to get some attention meds! Do they make any of those?

 

Post a Comment