The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Monday, October 03, 2005

FTW


Ok, I normally don't talk about this (or even really think about it) but over the weekend I won my Fantasy Baseball championship for the second year in a row. Now, this isn't that hardcore of a league and last year's was even less so, but I have to say that there are certain reasons I am relishing my victory.

First, the only moves I made all season was to pick up Al Leiter after he went to the Yankees and to trade Manny Ramirez away at the beginning of the season for Kerry Wood and Barry Bonds. Neither of those moves really helped me ... at all. For the total for the season though, the system shows that I only made 1 move. My opponent in the championship game had made 23.

I wasn't even present at the draft where the computer ended up automatically picking my players for me. Then, I didn't really keep track of stats or anything that much and just kind of let my guys play.

Somehow though, I managed to make it into the playoffs (I was in 6th place). From there I slowly beat my way to the championship game (week). After the end of the first week, I was losing 12 -2 in the stats and I was sure I was going to lose (in fact I forgot that the final matchup was for 2 weeks so I really did think I'd lost). The second week though, my boys really pulled it out for me and I managed to come back and win the series 9 - 4.

I guess the lesson here is let the computer do your draft for you and don't make any moves, that way you'll be sure to win your fantasy baseball league (unless everyone is using that same strategy, then I don't know how that works out).

1 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 1:18 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

That harkens me mind back to the Great Sausage Fest of 2002. I will post the tale to me blog tonight.

 

Post a Comment