The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Monday, September 19, 2005

Piratical Theme Music for the Day

I couldn't stop myself, and then Pinko went overboard with this...

And now, since I've just finished my last mix I want to make a Pirate/Nautical CD. This CD would clearly be awesome.

Three songs I imagine to be on it:
The Decemberists - The Mariner's Revenge
British Sea Power - Fear of Drowning
Modest Mouse - Ocean Breathes Salty

OK, so the real challenge of this list is limiting it to *absolute maximum* three songs by The Decemberists. Still, maybe we can come up with something good.

5 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 12:39 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

Ooh, Seven Seas is a great one.

I hve a feeling I will end up spending way too much time on this and having a CD I find hilarious and everyone else finds perplexing.

Oh well, I'll try and get that Zepplin one and it's hard to say no to Sebadoh.

 
At 9/19/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Dude ... how can you not include Captain Hampton and the Midget Pirates - the Aquabats

 
At 9/19/2005 12:50 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Also, if you really wanted to be pirate-y you could include a local Chicago band Deal's Gone Bad.

 
At 9/19/2005 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen Malkmus - The Hook (talks of being kidnapped by Turkish Pirates... don't know the rest of the song, but that seems significant to me.)

 
At 9/20/2005 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about the pixies "wave of mutilation", starsailor "shark food", pj harvey "down by the water" and teenage fanclub "guiding star"?

 

Post a Comment