The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Monday, September 19, 2005

The Official Pirate Joke?

Let's Go Pirates!
Ok, I got this joke from my GF and I think she was right when calling it "the world's greatest pirate joke." I've since found that it is also a favorite of Ben Folds and many others on the internets. In fact, I believe I might have been the only person not to already know this joke. Oh well.

So, this pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel attached to his crotch.

The barman, being an observant sort, says “Do you know you’ve got a steering wheel attached to your crotch?”

“Arrrr,” says the pirate. “It be drivin’ me nuts.”

3 Comments:

At 9/20/2005 5:13 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Yo Ho Ho! What's the eighteenth letter of the alphabet? ARR!

What's the ninth letter of the alphabet, mateys? AYE!

What shall we do with the drunken sailor, arr!

 
At 9/20/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger mdhatter said...

you are correct, sir.

/ed macmahon

 
At 9/22/2005 3:20 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Nope, not from NC. Just a fan of the Google (and it's many search methods). It found the image and the Ben Folds thing.

I was guessing that pirate was somebody's mascot. Good to know it's someplace in NC.

 

Post a Comment