The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Suddenly, I am hardcore/naive

I was checking out Fluxblog and stumbled into a DCist post about a band that had trouble at DC9. I have never been to DC9, but I have been to the 9:30 Club (sucks) and the Black Cat (alright). I have never been mugged or held up in my life. People have offered to sell me dope frequently enough (SCANDALOUS!) but I am not an idiot out on the streets. I am a big guy and if my recently resumed exercise routine actually sticks as long as it did last summer, I will progress into the lower reaches of huge. Maybe I am just naive and people don't bother me because I am tall and stuff. Maybe it is my frown. I frown a lot when I walk around town. And my eyebrows are scary. The combination can be lethal. Anyway, I have walked around areas where people I know have been mugged and I don't get hassled so I don't notice these areas as bad. I have also walked through areas of the world where the men were all carrying Ak-47s and grenade launchers and shit and not felt to ill at ease. That may have a lot to do with my fatalistic Epictetan view of life, but whatevs.

This in particular I found unapologetically hilarious:
Hey: I'd just like to announce that my new band, Double Amputee Newsie and the Radio Flyer Buttwagons, will be playing the grand opening of Rod's House of Semen. We specialize in power-accordion darkstep house, and sucking wildly. Come menace us, diverse peoples!

[28] Posted by: DCist Jason | December 4, 2006 1:49 PM

Can anyone confirm that Unemployed Gutter Troglodytes will be opening for Double Amputee Newsie at Club RHOS? We really need to support local grindcore bands that combine Tuval throat singing, Optigans, and Theremin.

[47] Posted by: monkeyrotica | December 4, 2006 2:48 PM

2 Comments:

At 12/20/2006 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the eyebrows. Definitely the brows.

 
At 12/21/2006 6:35 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Maybe it's the terrifying BRAIN!!!

 

Post a Comment