The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Modest Musicalness, Redux and Expanded with Special Features

A short discussion of The Animal Collective will hopefully ensue once this is posted. I sit here at my desk listening to the album by The Animal Collective I bought a week or two ago. I have no idea what the title of the album is and WMP doesn't really seem to have a clue. I am trying to catch up on work that I should have finished by 5 on Thursday, but United decided otherwise. It is almost 11 pm on Thursday night and I am getting a little thick headed. I think the recent weather changes in DC have a bit to do with that, along with my poor sleep of the last week and the music emanating from my Standard Speaker Units from Dell. I am not really sure what is happening with this music, but I am willing to give a lot of replay until I condemn it. fulsome has that way on a person's taste in this areas.

I think that if The Animal Collective had been around in the 25th century, the crew of the Enterprise would have stopped the Borg by simply piping a transmission of this CD into the Borg cubes. This CD is an aural version of a Dada piece or perhaps the problem so complex math can not answer it. Fermi's Other Last Theorem?

PS If you aren't reading this comic, then you aren't cool.

3 Comments:

At 6/02/2006 5:41 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Haha.

I thought Fermi would be funnier.

 
At 6/02/2006 8:45 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

I don't know how appropriate dada is to describe the AC because I feel that there is a fairly earnest undercurrent. They might think music needs to get a little more primal and pulsing but it's the joy of teasing out signal from the noise that makes it such fun.

 
At 6/02/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Yeah, that and mentioning dada makes me sound better than saying, I think I would get it better if I was stoned.

 

Post a Comment