The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Wandering I's


So I was on the road again this past holiday weekend. Visiting the ol' GF. Long distance relationships = fun times on planes. In this case, it was not really fun so much as just time on a plane (which is less cool than Snakes on a Plane). I flew Northwest Airlines this time and have been impressed by their ability to not delay me pointlessly for hours. Something United Airlines seems unable to do.

I've also been taking advantage of the Bluetooth on my cell phone and laptop and $6 a month charge I pay T-Mobile for wireless internet access on my phone. I've been able to preload a number web pages for reading on the plane ride. I just wish that I had an internet connection on the plane ... it would make flying more like spending a typical day in the office.

One of the many things I did this weekend though, was check out the new X-Men movie. I mean, I did have very low expectations so it would have been hard to disappoint me but I actually really enjoyed the movie. I honestly hope they keep making these. With the $120 million opening weekend, it seems virtually assured that they will though. So if you were having a hard time deciding to see this movie or not, you have my recommendation (and you can blame me if you don't like it, whatevs).

And to end, some fun facts about the weekend: 1) getting mad at some guy for playing Guitar Hero too long so that you don't have time to impress your GF with your mad skills is not viewed as cool by said GF. 2) I enjoy shopping, perhaps we need to revisit the stuff about me not being gay 3) My world was shaken when weathermen last Monday accurately predicted the Memorial Day Weekend weather, WTF?!?! They're never right and certainly not a week in advance! 4) My mom likes to tell people that I really enjoy miniature golf (perhaps we should look at [2] again).

That's it for now, in the distant future I may have a post about the wonders of Brat Fest. A distinctly Wisconsonian festival it would seem (hey, it goes well with Wiener Schnitzel).

7 Comments:

At 6/01/2006 5:37 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I was part of a conversation about Guitar Hero at the wedding last weekend. The other two participants were duly impressed with your ability to make it through to difficult and sympathized with your trouble with Crossroads. That game sounds like so much damn fun.

I don't think I ate much when I lived in Madison during the Brat Fest. I believe I had to work for the whole thing.

 
At 6/01/2006 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UC would totally got to a brat fest. He'll eat anything.

DEN, it's OK to like shopping. Mini golf though? The AG gaydar reading is going pretty high on that one.

 
At 6/01/2006 7:51 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

yeah, I honestly haven't played since junior high. But I used to love it apparently. Ah the exciting stories you hear when you hang out with your parents.

 
At 6/01/2006 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's totally cool. Jr. high is the opposite of what you are now. I have a cousin who I swear, wore pink, stole his sisters My Little Ponies, only liked things that were sweet as Strawberry Shortcake dolls and didn't want to be a boy.

Now...he gets more women than he knows what do with. He is the poster boy for frats, even joining the college cheerleading squad JUST to get laid!

Gaydar reading has resumed to normal.

Though it gets a high read with your boy Fullie...

 
At 6/01/2006 10:07 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Everything gets a high read with fulsome.

 
At 6/01/2006 10:36 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Haha, we're making fun of fulsome again! Good times ...

 
At 6/01/2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Do you think we could make fun of fulsome in the past but of the future?

 

Post a Comment