The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Modest Musicalness

On Saturday, I was perturbed and went strolling around town. I picked up some necessities in the form of a flash drive, new portable CD/MP3/WMA player, FarCry(dumb idea) and a gigabyte of RAM. I also picked up some luxuries two of which have become necessities.

They are: The Soft Bulletin by The Flaming Lips and Blueberry Boat by The Fiery Furnaces. My poseurness is now without question. I have previously owned the Soft Bulletin, but it disappeared about the time one of 3,467 brothers went back to college in the summer of 2000. Blueberry Boat is pretty damn wild. It doesn't have the songs I downloaded from somewhere (probably Fluxblog) which is even better.

I also bought the Animal Collective's Spirit They're Gone and additional CD. I am not entirely sure of the album name nor am I even sure that this band is not the descendents of the Bremerstadtmusikanten. I think I may like it better at home in the isolation chamber with a big pile of Pop Ren's special faux chorizo niblets on which to munch.

I also stopped by a comic book store on my long walk home (a few miles or so) and picked up some stuff for fulsome and one of my 4,529 brothers. I don't want to give away the surprise before the great day, but it is something of such astounding serendipity and infinity such that fulsome will weep. The scales between us will be balanced and I dare say it slanted in my favor...

Oh yeah, I am just that good.

5 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but why were you really perturbed?

 
At 5/23/2006 9:47 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

Has anyone ever seen the boy on a steady and even keel? That's when I'll start worrying.

 
At 5/24/2006 6:00 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I can't even drive in a straight line. I shift lines compulsively and manically.

 
At 5/25/2006 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. I love a man who cannot keep his shit together. It keeps life interesting.

 
At 5/31/2006 7:46 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Baby, you know you can't get enough chuckles in your life.

 

Post a Comment