The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Friday, May 05, 2006

A Sports Story Even Chuckles Won't Hate

So I was cruising the internet as I often do (sometimes instead of working as hard as I should ... oops) when I came across this link. If you scroll down to May 1, you'll feel a little bad for Right Handed Pitcher Nigel Thatch. The terms of the deal for his trade may have been a little disappointing.

I don't know what else to say but, wow. In an effort to make this post a little more musical (it is Friday after all) I thought I'd give a Guitar Hero update. After beating the game on Easy and Medium, I've been struggling with hard lately. I kind of plateued a week ago (mostly because my hands get too tired to play much) when I got stuck on a Queens of the Stone Age song. Now though, I'm back to my old nemesis (the only song I had trouble with on medium difficulty) Crossroads by Cream.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish beating the game on hard sometimes before Guitar Hero 2 comes out and I have new songs to get frustrated at (link provided by Chuckles).

3 Comments:

At 5/05/2006 6:51 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

God, I love Wisconsin.


Oh wait. Schaumburg is in Illinois.

Bastards.

 
At 5/06/2006 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was in Wisco they would have negotitated for cheese-filled sausages and Miller products rather than Bud. Maybe even a few overweight middle-aged women, but that might be asking too much for a right handed pitcher.

 
At 5/08/2006 6:31 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Probably.

A good lefty pitcher would probably go for a pallet (60 cases) of some Leinenkugels variety.

Hell, I would trade the Nationals to Madison for a pallet of Honey Weiss and Berry Weiss.

 

Post a Comment