The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Monday, April 17, 2006

Working My Way Back onto the Blogroll

I spent what little blogging energy I had last week fighting it out with the Shoot-A-Liberal crowd. I think I won because they stopped posting and are moving to a new site next week. At any rate, somehow they got what little extra mental energy I could bring to bear through the kinetic energy available through pecking ceaselessly on this 12x5 inch contraption people put in front of me.

However, my blogging compatriots are a fickle bunch and though we here at WRN were awarded many huzzahs and hoorahs (including mentions at Sadly, NO!, 3B!, and Blue Girl) that has quickly turned to shame and a cold shoulder.

So, now, I have to try and decide how best to get back in their good graces. Clif has a secret plan that seems to be working. He's already gotten attention from Sadly, no! and if he manages to uncover three new internet crazies, he's bound to get a link from Atrios or Jesus General. He's actually on fire and managing to bring 5x the effort and intellect I can manage. Also, he's joined forces with the rampaging genius Chuckles (who seems to have left us except for some poetry iterations that aren't deemed worthy of his place)

Parrotline, run by DA (or AP? the mystery!) is, and yes I realize I echo PinkoPunko (-ed: the man lives at his computer so it is impossible to think a thought before he's already typed it, misspelled it, made a joke of the misspelling, and then converted the misspelling into some type of new Mexi-midwestern casserole complete with generous portions of ranch dressing).

As you can see, I'm going with the link to your betters approach for this post. It's a time honored tradition and I just can't compete.

However, in one final, desperate attempt I am going to try and follow Res's suggestion and do some science. A large quantity of gummi bears mysteriously appeared, i.e. were bought by someone and quickly brought into my protective custody, and there seem to be some population problems. My lab isn't overly well stocked with options but I think there are a few basic possibilities. I think that can happen tomorrow. The Random Lab Monkey is threatening to mutiny if some of them aren't destroyed so the least I can do is document the process.

9 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 10:58 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

From my experience Fulsome + Multiple Pound Bag of Gummy Bears = Empty Plastic Bag ...

 
At 4/17/2006 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can see their little gummi limbs stretching the edges of fulsome's distended stomach.

So sad.

 
At 4/18/2006 12:13 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

hmmm, I wonder if that comment counts as validation for Fulsome ... or are comments by teh l4m3 and others required?

 
At 4/18/2006 5:58 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

If comments from teh l4m3 were validation, I'd open up a parking lot.

But seriously, I wish I could be there to assist in the experimentation of the gummi bears.

Also, I am now off the web at home and will be only able to blog from work. Mah.

 
At 4/18/2006 8:44 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

Well, it's some level of validation. I have a phase two of this plan. That's the key ingredient I think Clif might have left out.

 
At 4/18/2006 10:46 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

I gotcha back, boo.

 
At 4/18/2006 11:45 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

There is a joke in there somewhere about teh having your back, but I am not sure where.

 
At 4/19/2006 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those guys over at S.A.L. are such tools. I had to walk away from a 20-year-old college drop out who is the poster boy for stupidity in Ohio. It was just too easy for me to get into it with them and I decided it wasn't worth my time.

You, Fullie, on the other hand rock for that. I have to read what's over there because I refused to go back until my stomach got stronger.

Chuckie, why no blogging at home? You got the fancy new home. What gives?

 
At 4/19/2006 6:36 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

No interwebs yet. Just tarantula webs.

 

Post a Comment