The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Monday, April 17, 2006

The Guitar Heroes Are Coming

Ok, blah blah blah, I haven't posted in a while ... I know.

Anyway, I was in Cleveland for the weekend hanging out with my girlfriend and her family. At one point on Sunday I had a chance to play a game that I'd been interested in for a while, Guitar Hero.

I'd played the game briefly at a Best Buy before but the controller was kind of damaged I think and there were a number of people waiting in line for it as well so I kind of quit right away when I started sucking.

This time I was lucky enough to get to play the entire song Cochise by Audioslave and it was a blast.

That's why when I got a $25 gift card from Amazon in addition to my $50 one I already had, I knew that it was time. Time for me to finally order Guitar Hero.

According to the confirmation email I received the order has been placed successfully and should be arriving on Thursday. Perhaps Chuckles will come over and we will rock out in a virtual guitar way.

That is all. Rock on.

9 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 10:16 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

haha, content!

 
At 4/17/2006 10:17 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

Also, why didn't you have the game when I could have virtually rocked even harder!

 
At 4/17/2006 10:26 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

I just got the $25 gift certificate today ...

 
At 4/18/2006 5:53 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

One time, I rocked so hard, ninjas jumped out of the shadows and slew the entire audience.

 
At 4/18/2006 8:58 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

I think that the only appropriate response to this comment would be something that involves Chuck Norris. Unfortunately I don't have a witty line about roundhouse kicks coming to my mind at the moment.

 
At 4/18/2006 9:30 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

you just need italics, roundhouse kick!

 
At 4/18/2006 11:46 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I thinnk you don't have a comment, teh, because you have taken to many Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks to the mind.

 
At 4/18/2006 11:52 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

youtube is the destroyer of all productivity

 
At 4/19/2006 9:04 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Who sent me the "Ask a Ninja" links?

 

Post a Comment