The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Musicology

I have tried to lessen the musical posts to actually cater to what my 17 readers care about: cobags, weird science, and links to each other.

However, Friday is acknowledged and accepted music day. And you could all do far, far worse than listening to all of these songs.

It is a Radiohead cover album. It features one of my favorite artists and one of tehl4me'5 least favorite. However, the overall impressiveness of this album is undeniable. Well, unless you completely hate jazz and any tinge of electro-hip-hop. Otherwise, go check it out.

Gummi bears soon.

5 Comments:

At 4/21/2006 1:47 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

oh dear god - sia doing 'paranoid android'?!

 
At 4/21/2006 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't Pitchfork give this a 0.6?

 
At 4/21/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

Why do I care what pitchfork says? Remember the rules, if it scores below 4 on pitchfork it just means the album is too awesome for them to understand.

Mostly, I love 'The Bad Plus' and they have a cover plus I think the Mark Ronson cover of Just is pretty cool.

further note: I was unable to locate a PFM review of said CD.

 
At 4/23/2006 11:40 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Paranoid randroid?

 
At 4/24/2006 8:00 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

I don't hate her. Not really... I just review harshly.

 

Post a Comment