The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Avocado Strikes Back ...

I just thought I'd post a quick entry here because I picked up the new Pearl Jam CD yesterday. It's not too often that I pick CD's up on the day they come out. Pretty much the only bands I do that with are Audioslave and ... well not really anyone else.

After hearing Worldwide Suicide on the radio for the past month, and a couple of the other tracks over the weekend, I figured I should pick up this CD.

I have to say that after less than 24 hours that I'm still enjoying it a lot. I haven't listened to much of what they've done lately but this CD is definitely an interesting step I think.

fulsome is a big fan I know so I'll let him post his thoughts in the comments (or respond in this or subsequent posts), if he's picked up the CD.

BTW, it's only $10 at Best Buy or Circuit City.

5 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I am waiting for the prequel, Revenge of the Advocado.

Incidentally, advocadoes pretty much always strike back about 12 hours later in the form of gaseous eruptions.

 
At 5/04/2006 8:27 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

No chuckles avocados are only justifiably reacting to Western Imperialism; I've never had that problem with them.

 
At 5/04/2006 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that teh is a gentleman on here, unlike a certain other poster.

DEN, how does it compare to their first album?

 
At 5/04/2006 10:49 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I am enjoying that problem with them today. I walk into my bosses office to ask him some questions/keep him updated, then I blow ass and leave. It is awesome.

 
At 5/04/2006 11:17 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

AG, I'd say it's probably not as good as the first two albums ... although I don't listen to either of those too much anymore.

I certainly enjoy it more than anything from Vitalogy forward though ...

 

Post a Comment