The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Monday, May 08, 2006

Nerds, Spheres and Humor

Lately, I have been debating my clothing. I find myself asking myself if my clothign is saying the right thing about me. As a wee junior nerd, I learned about clothing and tribal identity in college. Clothing is very important. For instance, if you see a UN Peacekeeper with a blue helmet and armband, feel free to give him/her all the atomic wedgies in the world because they reall aren't going to fight back (or prevent you from committing genocide). However, behaving this way with the green helmet and armband wearing UN Peacekeepers will result in your death as they are authorized to use deadly force when they deem it appropriate.

Keeping this in mind, I have decided to radically alter my evening clothing style while maintaining professional attire (selling out) during the day. To this end, I also shaved a rather stupid looking mohawk into my hair two weeks ago. I was bored with my previous styles but not enamored of the other options available to me. The goal of this exercise is to attract a person that finds similar activities amusing, but yet is different enough that things remain interesting. To this end, I spent my entire entertainment budget for May (and June and July...) on some awesome t-shirts. I found some of them here in the shop. By the way, that comic is pretty damn funny for those of the spherically intellectual type.

Updatable: I love this comic.

3 Comments:

At 5/09/2006 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody loves a spammer!

Chuckie, clothes are simply for getting girls. How many times does Fullie have to explain this to you? You cannot go around wearing a t-shirt that says, "Let me stick it in."

You have to be more cunning than that. You have to think GQ. Think out of the box. Think -- don't make her want the Queer Eye Boys in the house. Now pack it up and return to the mall for some sensible things.

 
At 5/09/2006 12:24 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Ooh snap. Now I'm doubly mad that I missed you in the city. I want to see the MOHAWK!!!

 
At 5/09/2006 12:52 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Maybe next October, I will recut the mohawk, but probably not. It's a one wedding only thing.

 

Post a Comment