The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Friday, January 05, 2007

Highly Incapable Music Post

I was inspired by the posts over at 3 Bulls (A, B, C, Infinity, Infinity +1) to write a small music post. I say inspired but really I mean that I am ripping them off. I checked out this video because it was linked and Pinko Punko and the Uncanny Canadian, who always reminds me of the X-Men and thus why I hate Brett Ratner, and they said it was slightly more interesting than the song, but that the song wasn't so bad either. I think that is what they said about it, but I read the post this morning and have had more than a bit of coffee since then and no small amount of food since then, so my brain is processing information in a slightly more obtuse way than usual. Just one of those benefits from the homolithic lifestyle I lead due to my unusual upbringing. I swear sometimes my brain is completely metamorphic. Perhaps in the spirit of the music I was originally writing about, that should be spelled meh-tamorphic but that is an attempt to squeeze more than two jokes into one word. That usually can't be done without a lot of heat and pressure.

Anywho. There was a link to a video that I checked out. It was here by some band called The Knife. I was watching and listening and I realized that these guys sound like Art of Noise. They will be kind of all right for a year or so, but I know that if I buy an album or even download a song, it will sit on my shelf for years gathering dust until some misbegotten sedimentary spawn of mine shoulders his way through my collection looking for rock.

An incidental result of this video viewing was the supposedly related videos that were listed in the sidebar on YouTube which I will now display:





There was another by the same group of fanboys/fangirls, but it wasn't as cool as these - sorry, wasn't as blatantly fangirlish/fanboyish or all that funny, either.

4 Comments:

At 1/06/2007 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chuck, I got roped into buying that CD- the best two songs on it are the two songs Pitchfork creamed over. Rest of album is meh.

 
At 1/06/2007 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok the first one was really good, second vid was a little nut loggy.

 
At 1/07/2007 10:16 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Mmm... Nutlogs...

Yeah, I wouldn't buy the album either. But when one of the singles comes on satellite radio, I dance while cleaning the counters and the kitchen table.

 
At 1/08/2007 8:38 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I wasn't going to be buying that album. I went into a store on Sunday and walked out with Underacheivers Please Try Hard and Let's Get Out of This Country (or whatever) by Camera Obscura.

 

Post a Comment