The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Guitar Hero II Has Landed

So fulsome picked up a copy of Guitar Hero II for me this Christmas (also, why have I seen blogs using the abbreviation Cmas? are they trying to google-bomb the Country Music Awards or something?). Unfortunately it was not the version with the extra guitar (that one was sold out everywhere) but I finally got a chance to play it last night.

I've only been focusing on the single player career mode so far. It's about the same as the original only with new (and often better) songs and this 'encore' functionality.

It's interesting to have a game that I want to play until so physically exhausted from playing that I have to quit. It's so frustrating--and yet great--that you can play so much that you know you'd be more likely to beat a song if you'd just quit for the night and come back tomorrow.

Once I pick up an extra controller I'm pretty sure Chuckles will come over and get destroyed by me in 2 player mode. It'll be great.

So if I'm scarce around here it just means that my fingers are no longer functioning due to over-Guitar Heroing. Of course, by saying that it just guarantees that I'll be posting every day. Kind of like the post about how I wasn't going to be posting much.

3 Comments:

At 12/27/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Sir Charles Rockely (my air guitar name, I just made it up) has accepted your challenge.

I must break you.

 
At 12/28/2006 5:37 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

Remember to ice the tendons overnight.

 
At 1/06/2007 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dEN- thanks for sharing with us the songs you will be wanking to.

 

Post a Comment