The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sick of Blogger

Bleah, stupid Blogger has been up and down so much lately I've finally gone to the trouble of registering the WellRoundedNerds.com domain name. Right now it's going through it's usual process of percolating through the DNS servers of the world.

Hopefully sometime in the next day or so it'll be pointing towards this Blogspot blog.

However, I think sometime in the next month I'll try to move this to an externally hosted site. Probably one that is down for maintenance significantly less (we can hope).

Blogger's been a little bit of a jackass in the "I'm not functioning department" so I thought it would possibly be worth the $9 to register the domain.

The best part of the whole process were the suggestions for alternate domain names suggested by the registrar. I think we may need to change the name to one of those!

Some of my favorites are:

1. WellHoopLikeNerds.com
2. WellRoundedLosers.com
3. WaterSourceRoundedNerds.com
4. SoundRoundedNerds.com
5. HeartyHoopLikeNerds.com

5 Comments:

At 10/27/2006 6:46 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

The internets prove to have a better humor potential than I do, once again!

 
At 10/27/2006 10:55 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

ok, I've been messing with blogger all morning and let me simply say that blogger is a giant pile of crap.

It is so annoying trying to get it to not suck.

I tried to get it posted to wellroundednerds.com but then it got rid of the old stuff, it was a big pain.

Then when I tried to switch back it kept giving me errors.

I think I finally got it fixed.

Also, why didn't anyone tell me that this page rendered like crap on IE.

 
At 10/27/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

Thanks for doing all this stuff!

Also, thanks for providing content while I have been dazed for the last two weeks. The one time I did think about writing a post Blogger wasn't working.

 
At 10/27/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

Also, no one uses IE so no one knew?

 
At 10/29/2006 2:11 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

watersourceroundedgeeks

 

Post a Comment