The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Making Unfunny Comics Funny

A while back I had a post about a site that made reading Garfield bearable. While that site is no longer updated regularly, I have found a new blog that makes yet another perennially unfunny comic enjoyable--Marmaduke Explained.

I know this isn't as interesting as the Federalist Papers discussed below but, hey, I'm not an academic ... I just enjoy making fun of stuff.

I've included a sample post from Marmaduke Explained below just to take up space.


Marmaduke's owner-girl thinks he has the lawn mower confused with the vacuum cleaner. In reality, Marmaduke has the lawn mower confused with a serial rapist.

8 Comments:

At 9/28/2006 3:27 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

So are you saying this is how we should be about the current government torture fiasco.

Or are Marmaduke comics just that pointless...

 
At 9/28/2006 4:27 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

no, I'm just saying that if I think about this I just become so enraged that no good could ever come of it.

I just sit around swearing and being angry about what giant sacks of crap we have in power and how f'ing useless our political process is.

 
At 9/29/2006 7:26 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

VIVA LA SLACKINISTAS!

I am with dEn on this one for the next few weeks. I will get pissed in November when I have time to get good and mad and not harsh anyone else's buzz.

 
At 9/29/2006 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you expect in a system of two parties, where less than 1/2 of the people vote.

Marmaduke had his rise and fall in the 80s. Much like Diet Coke with Lime, it is time to call it quits.

 
At 9/29/2006 10:14 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

Diet Coke with Lime wasn't available in the 80s. Your analagy falls flat.

Maybe you should have considered New Coke as a referent?

 
At 9/29/2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I am saying it's time to call it quits now, Fulsome. New Coke already did. Diet Coke is now and it will just be a Marmaduke with a bad blog in 10 years if they don't take AG's advice.

:)

dEn, you visited 3B and no RoD! WTF? AG doesn't flirt as well as Punkass?!

 
At 9/29/2006 2:08 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

dude, I posted on RoD like a week or two ago.

I post about 1 comment every two weeks. I get tired after that.

 
At 10/03/2006 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If marmaduke is made to be funny then the terrorists have won. The routine suckiness of marmaduke is as constant and enduring as the rise and fall of the sun itself.

 

Post a Comment