The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Monday, October 30, 2006

Everyday Horror Pt. 3

So I was at Hollywood Video this past weekend trying to rent the recently released DVD of Slither. I've heard nothing but good things about the movie. The fact that it's directed by the writer of the Dawn of the Dead remake and husband of Office person Jenna Fischer seem to weigh heavily in its favor.

Add the fact that it's got Nathan Fillion, Gregg Henry, and Michael Rooker in it also helps.

Sadly, Hollywood Video was out of it. I don't even bother checking Blockbuster anymore because they're always out of everything. It took me a month to be able to rent Kung Fu Hustle there. Lame!

Anyway, while there I came across a sight of such unrelenting horror that I felt I had to take a picture and share it with you.

To the right you will see the 4 (FOUR!) copies of the Adventures of Pluto Nash that they feel the need to keep around. I can't figure out why you'd even need one, let alone 3 more. Notice also that they mislabeled it as a comedy ... somehow implying that it's funny.

Truly frightening.

5 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hollywood Video is frightening just in and of itself. Let alone what you find on the shelves.

 
At 10/31/2006 6:48 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Hollywood Video SUCKS!

In other news, just drive by my apartment and I'll let you rent Slither from my store. Because I know that is what you meant when you typed Sliver.

 
At 10/31/2006 7:13 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

bah, I totally fixed Sliver before. How did that not make it onto the page. What a pile of crap.

I guess I'll go repost it.

Also, apparently I'm going to see the Prestige tonight. I guess that'll be ok. I'd rather go see the Departed though.

 
At 10/31/2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

DUUUUUUUDE TAKE ME WITH YOU.

I could use a good break in between WoWness.

 
At 10/31/2006 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slither is great. I just saw it Sunday night. Be sure to watch the extra stuff on the DVD. The extended, and deleted scenes are great and the gag reel is worth the time.

 

Post a Comment