The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

First Ever WRN Prize Pack



I have these tickets. OK, it turns out you probably can't read them but they are for The Capes who play tonight at the Independent. I still want to go but hate to have to give the ticket to a stranger. If anybody around these here parts wants to go, just say so. One ticket is yours free of charge. See how easy this is?

Oh, and here's some info about them
Most press on the Capes has relied heavily on comparisons to Bloc Party, but these parallels are misleading; both bands may be throwbacks to bygone genres, but the Capes lean heavily on the synths to produce bright and bouncy tunes—embodied best in the wonderful "Tightly Wound." Hello is so full of chipper melodies and electronic blips that there are few songs on the band's first LP that don't warrant a head bop or two, though the more impassioned tracks, such as "Comet Tails" and "Gimme," show the band successfully reaching beyond the one-dimensional confines of today's pop.
'Hello' album review - CMJ



Let me know.

UPDATE and clarify: I still want to go. Looking for a "+1" who gets a free ticket. Don't make me use craigslist...

7 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 9:10 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Oooh oooh me me!

 
At 3/01/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

DAMN YOU!!!! we just heard them the other day and wanted to go see 'em, but we're going to stereolab tomorrow.

 
At 3/01/2006 11:27 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

What? I get no respect.

 
At 3/01/2006 12:25 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Such short notice! WAAAAH!!! I love teh C4P35!!!!!

 
At 3/01/2006 12:44 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

Chuckles, if I thought you would actually show up instead of coming up with a story on how the BART broke and you got in a fight with the bus driver and then got picked up by three "experimenting" lesbian friends, you could have the ticket.

Sadly, no.

 
At 3/01/2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Yeah, but those lesbiennes were mighty hot, so I did what I did and I am not ashamed.

 
At 3/03/2006 7:06 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

So who was your date, fulsome?

 

Post a Comment