The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Speak Softly But Carry A Cute 'Stick


Sorry it's taken me so long to get these photos up. I went to go see Butterstick at the National Zoo almost two weeks ago and haven't managed to get the photos online until today.

This is only happening because my work PC is hosed with a virus at the moment and my girlfriend went out tonight so I don't really have much else to do (besides watching episodes of the A-Team that I TiVo'd).

Anyway, seeing the 'Stick in person left me much impressed. He's an adorable little ball of fuzz. Definitely worth waiting in line for about 15 minutes. He was just kind of rolling around and playing with stuff. It's kind of hard to make out from these pictures though.

I've got some video I took (that's of equally poor quality) that I'll try and get online sometime soon.

Until then though, you'll have to make do with these pictures.







Trash Lid!


Playing with a giant bong?


Yes, yes he is.


Man, he is really fiending for it


Papa Stick!

9 Comments:

At 1/20/2006 5:24 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

So that's why they like bamboo...

 
At 1/20/2006 7:19 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Is Papa Stick eating a box of lunchables?

I guess he really is stoned.

 
At 1/20/2006 9:15 AM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

on average, it takes baby pandas 2-3 months for them to learn how to use the carb on a bong by themselves. this, however, is in the wild - i have no idea if there's a difference in captivity.

 
At 1/20/2006 9:19 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I think he just wants to bong with the older pandas. He has the crawling thing down, so now he thinks he is ready for bongs. He needs to stick to joints for the time being and really build up a familiarity for smoking before he tries to move on to any triple-chambered, wheeled contraptions.

 
At 1/20/2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

He is so-o cute! I want a baby panda.

 
At 1/20/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Frickin' cotton mouth.

 
At 1/20/2006 1:40 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Btw, Papa Stick is actually eating a giant apple juice popsicle with apples inside. Apparently he loves them.

 
At 1/20/2006 10:05 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

who wouldn't?

 
At 1/23/2006 2:34 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Me, that's who! I am not a fan of popsickles nor am I a fan of apples! Apples are well known as the uppity fruit. Bastards.

 

Post a Comment