The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Introducing the Random Lab Monkey

About a month ago, we added another tech to my lab. Last week, she was officially christened with her new title, "Random Lab Monkey." As it seems -- from that namesake-producing event and various other incidents -- likely that there is vast comedic potential here, I have decided to introduce her as a counterpoint to dEn's less positive officemate.

Also, it has been determined that an "actual" lab monkey inhabits the piano adjacent to our lab and is the base of certain nefarious activities that I might then wrongly ascribe to the human monkey namesake.

Today's thought of the day: "I just find pipetting to be very satisfying."

Today's monkey-like behavior: Upon the receipt of some lab accessories with a collection of Styrofoam peanuts, she had to litter my keyboard with said detritus.

Once again, I have been informed that it was the actual monkey who tried to cover my keyboard with peanuts. I do not find this explanation terribly convincing as I encountered the person with a large handful of Styrofoam peanuts and was not provided with a very convincing rationale.

Further episodes as reality warrants...

5 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 1:35 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Littering another's workstation with packing peanuts is a sign of respect in the monkey world. I should know, I taught lots of anthropology classes. And I am 98.5 percent chimpanzee, although I like to think that I am actually 98.5 percent bonobo. If you get that, then you deserve a boner.

 
At 10/05/2005 4:59 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I must quote the Daily Show in that 98.5 percent of our genes are identical to chimpanzee genes and the other 1.5 percent is why we kill each other.

 
At 10/06/2005 2:09 PM, Blogger Pinko Punko said...

I wonder if she is worse than stinky food girl.

 
At 10/06/2005 2:53 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

No, she's actually pretty good as these things go. The main problem is her monkey brain keeps her from falling completely under my mind control device.

 
At 10/06/2005 8:41 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I bet she'd fall for my mind control device. If you know what I mean.

Wow, that was awful.

 

Post a Comment