The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Friday, February 09, 2007

The Monolith Has ARRIVED

As I mentioned earlier, I wasted a bunch of money on a new TV a week ago. Yesterday afternoon, the TV finally arrived. I would have posted images earlier but Blogger (and by Blogger I mean mostly Google) is a jerk and was trying to force me to update to the new version.

Anyway, I've got a picture I took below of the TV in all its splendor (as it was searching for channels).

The thing is freaking sweet and if I could get a high-def game console and movie player (Xbox 360 with HD-DVD add on or PS3? -right now, leaning towards PS3) that would be awesome.


The PS2 with S-Video is not really cutting it anymore with a TV of this caliber. Notice also the Shaun of the Dead DVD for reference size and to prove my street cred. You'll also see the Dreamcast that I actually purchased AFTER the PS2 came out. So yeah, it proves how good I am at picking console winners (although I do actually own the Broadband Adapter for the Dreamcast which I hear is quite rare now). Also, there is a Bluetooth Apple keyboard and my TiVo with the Guitar Hero controller hiding carefully under the stand. It's an entertainment smörgåsbord (haha Firefox spellcheck, you crack me up).

BTW, I did watch some HDTV last night, 30 Rock and some CSI and Shark. It is frickin' amazing.

Anyway, click to see a couple more pictures.




And for comparison, the old TV:

15 Comments:

At 2/09/2007 9:12 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

old TV looks so sad and lonely

 
At 2/09/2007 9:34 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

old TV was put by himself to advertise for craigslist.

I'm hoping to subsidize the new console via the sale of the old TV and the PS2.

 
At 2/09/2007 11:33 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I bid $25.

 
At 2/09/2007 2:17 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

wait, you think my TV is worth less than a charity date with you?

I highly doubt that.

 
At 2/09/2007 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how fulsome angled for the old tv and got fracking hosed.

 
At 2/09/2007 5:29 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

haha, yeah it's only about 2800 miles for the TV. That's totally worth it for a 7 year old TV worth maybe $100.

 
At 2/09/2007 8:42 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

I'd bolt that motha to the wall.

your feng is shuiiing all over the place

 
At 2/09/2007 8:42 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

oh, and awesome paint color.

 
At 2/10/2007 6:56 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

I don't know exactly how the feng shui works for empty boxes and and craigslisted stuff but I should probably look into that.

I suppose I need one of those little waterfalls from Bed Bath & Beyond though.

 
At 2/10/2007 10:58 AM, Blogger mdhatter said...

i too practice the art of dung schling.

 
At 2/11/2007 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dreamcast finally kicked it last year -- now I'll never score one million points on Tony Hawk 2 ever again. That makes me sad until I remember that God of War 2 is coming out soon.

 
At 2/11/2007 8:55 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

yeah, I'm sure if I played my Dreamcast more it would have died by now. No one ever wants to play Chu Chu Rocket with me though.

Also, if I play the burned copy of Virtual ON I got in China it sounds like a cougar is mauling the GDROM.

Of course, I'm tempted to try to find the VGA adapter now so I can enjoy some 640x480 progressive scan Typing of the Dead.

 
At 2/12/2007 9:20 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

No one wants to play Chu Chu Rocket with you because your rocket is so small that it doesn't even classify as a bb gun on the moon.

Or something.

Typing of the Dead would be awesome.

 
At 2/12/2007 10:26 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

somehow, I knew that someone would be making a joke about Chu Chu Rocket. The game is great though.

I wish I had gotten the online play to work on it at least once.

Typing of the Dead is great. although if you play it on your couch you can quickly give yourself carpal tunnel from the awkward positioning.

 
At 2/12/2007 12:40 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Carpals suck.

 

Post a Comment