The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Friday, January 12, 2007

Another Guitar Hero?


[Sorry about all the posts, but when it rains, it pours!]
While I still have yet to beat Guitar Hero II on expert—hey, I have movies and TiVo to watch—it turns out that there will be yet ANOTHER Guitar Hero game coming out if this joystiq post is to be believed. And in just a couple months no less.

I'd assume that once they got most of the stuff for GH2 done, they said, "This version is perfect, lets just cover more songs and create new venues/skins and watch the money roll in."

This time we're are going to be lucky enough to get Guitar Hero: 1980's Edition and it will be coming out in "3-4 months." Perhaps the same time the Xbox 360 version of Guitar Hero II is released (which looks amazing by the way and is rumored to have an extra plug on the guitar for a potential distortion pedal attachment).

There isn't any information available yet about the possible track list. I'd assume that as more of these come out, they'll start having the same track on multiple games. Heck, I wish they had all the tracks from GH1 on GH2, there are so many good ones there.

While I don't own an Xbox 360 (and really am leaning towards just getting a PS3 whenever I get an HDTV) I am definitely drawn to the hotness of the game in high res and the possibility of downloading additional songs.

Really, I'm just hoping that I don't need to buy all new guitar controllers if I get the PS3. Some kind of adapter would be fine for me.

7 Comments:

At 1/13/2007 4:11 PM, Blogger mdhatter said...

What they need to provide is a heroic bass.

 
At 1/13/2007 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What they need to do is keep making PS2 Guitar Hero games. After all, nobody has a PS3 yet and it is way to expensive to go get a PS3 just because of Guitar Hero. Hopefully they will pump out a few more titles in PS2 land before they phase it out. The PS2 base is huge!

 
At 1/14/2007 12:55 AM, Blogger mdhatter said...

could they tie it in with Mosh! Mosh! Revolution?

 
At 1/14/2007 5:27 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

haha. Yeah, I'm sure they'll keep coming out with PS2 stuff. The problem with PS2 is that there aren't any online transactions. So they can't have people buying extra songs online.

And that's probably an area that would make them a fair amount of extra cash.

I'm sure they will be coming out with a Guitar Hero: Grunge Edition or something in the future.

 
At 1/17/2007 6:19 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I asked about the bass and drum addition. You could have whole bands running around the country that don't actually know how to play any instruments.

Like my band.

 
At 1/18/2007 2:31 AM, Blogger mdhatter said...

you could call yourselves the Neü Ramones

 
At 2/12/2007 2:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the blog about argos wii found it very informative. I found a good website which also features argos wii and argos wii. The link is great for **uk bargains** including Nintendo Wii, PS2, PS3, games consoles and features famous online stores inc Argos, Marks and Spencer, Empire Direct, LX Direct, Tesco, Next. There is also a chance to play online bingo and try your luck at the online gambling sites available inc roulette, poker and fruit machines. I've also found another site for **free soccer links**. Hope you find these sites interesting - all the best!

 

Post a Comment