The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Awesomest Controller Ever

So, this afternoon I was randomly searching for some cheap PS2 accessories on Amazon.com when I came across what I can only describe as the ugliest controller I've ever seen.

These controllers, made by MadCatz (it ends with a Z because it's X-TREME!), are supposed to allow you to support your favorite team. The first one I came across was for the New York Mets. As I kept looking though I realized they had one for every MLB team.

It got better though, I decided to start searching for other professional sports. I found controllers for both the NBA and the NFL. Perhaps to prove how little anyone cares about hockey, there were no NHL controllers. There also were not NCAA or MLS controllers either and I seriously doubt that there are any other sports that they would even consider making controllers for (perhaps PGA or tennis?).

Still, some of these controllers are absolutely hideous. I'm going to include my few favorite ugly ones in the full post. Wow, these are totally awesome!

Full Post >>


Chicago Cubs

Miami Dolphins

Los Angeles Lakers

Detroit Lions

4 Comments:

At 9/22/2006 8:17 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

OK, the lions one isn't horrible but the Cubs controller looks like it was colored with a blue permanent marker.

 
At 9/22/2006 9:25 AM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

the lions one looks like ass. It's silver piece of crap with a giant blue blob on it.

Of course, it's not quite as cool as the buffaslug.

 
At 9/23/2006 8:31 PM, Blogger fish said...

Okay, the Lakers' one makes me want to puke. Perhaps that was how they made it...

 
At 9/25/2006 6:40 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Allow me to clarify: They all suck rocks, I just think that the Lions one sucks slightly less than the rest even though I still wouldn't let it in my house.

 

Post a Comment