The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Another great idea

I saw this at Martini Republic and thought, yes...reviewing booze. It's a great idea! They do wine mostly and that is obviously useful. Hoewever, while I can drink an entire bottle of wine, I don't know that I would be making the most inciteful of comments. Instead, Microbrew Monday's are born because 1) It gives me an excuse to drink on Monday and 2) A little alliteration goes a long way.

Bonus reason: "microbrew review" on technorati reveals only a smattering of mentions and no regualr features so, while not an original idea, perhaps I will at least whore out the site hits. Or it could fail miserably.

3 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ONLY IF YOU DO MY FAVE PUMPKIN BLUEBERRY HEFEWEISSEN!!!

SCRUMDOODLES!!

/fake stupid voice

As usual, the Capt. says eat it (!!!!)

/real stupid voice

 
At 8/24/2005 12:19 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

I would say that but I am similarly baffled by the Sonic ads. They're everywhere Sonic isn't.

How's that for a tagline?

I'm with you on the wine thing. As long as the wine is decent I'll drink it. As soon as you say the word "fruit-forward," it takes all of my willpower not to punch you in the stomach (well maybe not ALL of my willpower).

You can keep the food side of things. I'll try to remember to bring a camera so we can debate the nature of noodles. here's my non-sequiter: what is the status of Thai noodles in the Pastafarian worldview?

 
At 8/25/2005 11:02 AM, Blogger fulsome said...

Pad Khee Mao = Drunken Noodles and are meant to be the eaten when drunk so the flames taste good (although I'll eat them either way)

Curses, I like the Pad See Ew as well. Actually, I pretty much love Thai food across the board. So good.

You're counting to five again. All hail the Pasta in the Sky. We need to set up a ridiculously convoluted set of Bishops and Archbishops to keep the message pure.

 

Post a Comment