The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Placeholder

Another idea that I’m sure will not actually make it to completion.

Chuckles and I were talking about philosophy and Plato and eventually it got into our heads that we could work through all of the Platonic dialogues (since we both already have the book) piece by piece in a trendy weekly format. So we are doing that, from Plato: The Collected Dialogues, and we will see how far we get before it gets totally off track and over-procrastinated, i.e. it’s already one week late because of Chuckles wasp sting.

That starts tomorrow and here’s at least the first five: Apology, Crito, Phaedo, Charmides, and Laches.

Oh, my new pet blog is 3 Bulls, although I’m still not sure why.

My latest take on living vicariously through my weekend will probably happen tonight or tomorrow. Short summary: Loquat, meh; Gold Chains & Sue Cie, fun.

I fly out to Minneapolis Fri-Sun so no posting then, not that it will really be any different from my usual schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment