The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Small Delay

Pictures are on hold because my digital camera seems to have wandered off. I'm sure it will turn up in the next day or two but those pictures will probably have to wait until next week.

A little more update on what subjects I am trying to focus on the for april.

1) Intellectual history of evolution -- I found a few good articles on other early evolutionary thinkers and how their ideas are similar/different to how we understand it now. This will be the first topic

2) Liebniz -- Stephenson brought him back to the fore and I've always been obsessed with monads. Everyone knows this. I'll try to see what I can dig up over the weekend and probably hit this next week.

3) California history, natural history, and scenery -- I'm at least loving the scenery out here and really want to be more knowledgable about what this is all about and how it came to be so expect some posts on that.

I'll try and keep myself confined to these to get a little more depth but I'll probably get sidetracked somewhere along the line as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment