The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Indie Rock

Yes, yes, Titan postponed indefinitely. I guess they shut off my channel (extremely bizarre inside joke about the fact that one of Huygens probe radio channels wasn't on [and yes, I know this is in violation of the "if you have to explain it, it is no longer funny" maxim]).

Songs I heard this morning that I don't want to lose to the mists of time:

1) The Go! Team - The Power Is On ...Rock with synthesizers and sequencers but fun!

2) The Chemical Brothers - Come Inside ...Vaguely electronic, but not techno

3) Bettie Serveert - Attagirl...Dutch indie rock, huzzah

Few details, so you have few preconceptions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment