The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Just because I love baseball

Billy Beane, the reason I think I'll be an Oakland A's fan once I'm out there, pimps the sports blog. Again, partly to keep this in my mind and also for you, Ben. Oh, and the A's acquired two of my beloved Cardinals this off-season. So, I'll be in the stands rooting for Kiko Calero!

Post a comment, curse you!

The article here and the blog-related response below.

BB: Right, and that's what is interesting about these trades. And that's what I love, for lack of a better word, about the blogger's world. There is a tendency to really analyze things in detail. Ultimately, because there is so much conversation and investigation on a site like yours, people may not ultimately agree with it, but they stumble onto what you're trying to do. Someone emailed me something written on a Cardinals' blog, and they had nailed all the things we were talking about. The economic reasons, the personnel reasons and the reasons we made the exchange. The world of a Web log will lend itself to a lot of investigation. And you will often stumble across the answer more than someone who has to write in two hours to meet deadline just to make sure something is out in the paper the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment