The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Poetry Avoidance Post

In an attempt to prevent Senor Chuckles from complaining again, I am putting together this post. It doesn't really have any point so I'll try and just briefly summarize the last few things I've done and, if any actually hold interest, do a post on them Wednesday.

1) Brush up on Mandarin. I was actually thinking of doing a small weekly post on this to help move teh towards his goal and make me think about it a little more.
2) Of Montreal show on Friday @ GAMH. They were good but this was the most "high school" feel of a show I've been to for some time.
3) Pre-emptive strike on Chuckles plan for high-falutin' ramblings with a review of some other Japanese author I just got conned into reading.
4) Document the Panda graffiti throughout SF
5) Beg dontEATnachos to outspiffy 3Bulls and provide us with a killer graphic header.

So there's the short list of options.

Until then, let's continue to watch quietly as the country gets back to its fascist roots.

11 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why isn't Nacho dude entering our contest?

I'm offended.

 
At 2/07/2006 1:12 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

I applaud your efforts, I kept trying to think up things to post but never having the time to actually write any of them up.

I knew Chux would have something up soon if I didn't do anything. Luckily you stepped up and we can all breath a sigh of relief.

I, obviously, would vote for panda graffiti.

 
At 2/07/2006 1:32 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

He can't enter your contest until he fixes this blog, obviously.

 
At 2/07/2006 3:34 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

My last comment only seems to be half-showing. Blogger is extra cloacular this week

 
At 2/07/2006 9:14 PM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

We'll have bizarre celebrations...

 
At 2/08/2006 6:53 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Monkey.
Knife.
Fight.

I say again,
Monkey.
Knife.
Fight.

MONKEY KNIFE FIGHT!
MONKEY KNIFE FIGHT!
MONKEY KNIFE FIGHT!

 
At 2/08/2006 8:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Fulsome, for this post, we double love you at RoD. You my pet are an honorary doggie. (And Nacho Dood too)!

 
At 2/09/2006 7:38 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Does no one remember the glory that was Monkey Knife Fight? fulsome is excused but I thought teh was in SF during that time? Fall 2002 and early 2003.

 
At 2/09/2006 1:51 PM, Blogger pop renaissance said...

i remember monkey knife fight. it even made the cover of the guardian or weekly.

 
At 2/10/2006 7:13 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Hell, yeah it did! By then it had spawned a whole series of copycats like CHUNKY WIFE BITE and etc.

I thought CWB was pretty inspired. I am glad somebody remembers something I thought was cool when I lived in the Bay Area.

 
At 11/18/2012 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy phentermine buy phentermine no prescription - buy the real phentermine online

 

Post a Comment