The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Sunday, January 29, 2006

My Y-speration

Spent some time at the YMCA again this past weekend and I got two pieces of inspirational wall art for your perusal. I have included them below.

Does respect really tie us all together? If we're tied together, does that mean we're shackled to one another if we 'respect' them. I certainly don't want to be tied to a certain president, which is why I choose not to respect him I suppose.

I also have to raise issue with this one, is honesty really the best thing to do here? I mean, look at the kids on the right, they're apparently dealing drugs behind the back of Straight-Arrow Johnny who is busy being the patsy for having broken that dude's window. Now the good kids going to juvie while the little drug dealing kids will find another guy to replace him. It's sad really.

12 Comments:

At 1/30/2006 10:07 AM, Blogger Chuckles said...

I think respect keeps a person apart. For instance, "I respect your right to privacy." or "I respect your personal space." perhaps even "I respect your emotional fortitude in securing a restraining order, even as I respect my desire to watch you through your curtains."

 
At 1/30/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Honesty? That wasn't an illustration of honesty -- that was an illustration of a realistic assessment of their situation. A little trouble now to 'fess up and make up for the broken window, or a lot of trouble later after they try and run and then CSI traces the ball back to them.

 
At 1/30/2006 1:05 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

And then the cops shoot them all in a tense stand off. The grandparents they had taken hostage were tragically killed in the crossfire.

 
At 1/30/2006 3:54 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

I am concerned about the first pictuer. I can't make out the details of whether all their thumbs or tied together? And what's the point; without respect we wouldn't be friends? That doesn't seem convincing to a 12-year-old.

 
At 1/30/2006 10:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Crack addict ties us together. Don't let any of the quitters tell you differnt.

 
At 1/31/2006 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want some rock!

 
At 1/31/2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

We all want some rock and nose candy. Unfortunately, sometimes you cannot always get what you want, but you get what you need!

Man, I miss the days when smoking crack wasn't shunned by parents and little kids alike.

God damn you, DARE program! Damn you all to hell!

 
At 1/31/2006 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, hi, 2004 called...it wants its joke back

 
At 1/31/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Hi, David Spade called and he wants his jokes back, dEn.

 
At 1/31/2006 1:30 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

I didn't do the '2004 called' comment ...

 
At 1/31/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Chuckles said...

Thanks, great, I look like a dumbass, wonderful.

 
At 1/31/2006 3:24 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

shocking...

 

Post a Comment