The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Friday, September 09, 2005

Taste the Flavor

I just happened to noticed that one of my favorite web comics Savage Chickens has a new comic up that I think is particularly relevant to the beer/alcohol snobbery and pretentiousness of this blog.

Personally, I've always been more of a connoisseur of the carbonated, sweetened and flavored water beverages than those of the alcohol nature. Hoho! Perhaps there is room here for a weekly non-Alcoholic beverage review as well. We will have to see!

p.s. On a side note, there is a Penny Arcade comic that reminds me of some of my interactions with Fulsome. Whenever playing strategy or MMO games, I always make him do the heavy lifting of learning all the rules/intricacy of the game and I then just ask him tons of questions. He seems to like that kind of stuff! Sometimes though, there's a little too much detail.

3 Comments:

At 9/09/2005 12:02 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

What, no mention of Dinosaur Comics?

Carbonated beverages have their place, but I think you can only review extra weird ones. Obviously, no point in reviewing 7-Up but Future Cola would be acceptable.

 
At 9/09/2005 1:22 PM, Blogger dontEATnachos said...

Future Cola? Ha! Perhaps you meant Feichang Kele, or Unusually Cola as I would translate it.

And actually it was going to be random carbonated micro sodas. Like special local sodas I could find or sparkling ciders perhaps. We'll have to see. I am tempted to review such weird sodas as Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper or other novelty flavors.

And I would have mentioned Dinosaur Comics but they didn't have a comic that I felt particularly compelled to post. Perhaps the next Dinosaur Comic that involves the devil, I will post a link to (as long as it's funny).

Also, have you seen the awesome new flash based Flying Spaghetti Monster game? It is, as I may have mentioned, awesome.

 
At 9/09/2005 4:08 PM, Blogger fulsome said...

I know you would actually translate it to that, but the official translation is Future Cola. Here's their plan to invade the US.

 

Post a Comment