The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Player Hater

I mentioned a while back that somebody hit me up about their music. Well it was the man/band Player Hater. The music is fairly lo-fi with a nice sound to it. While recorded non-professionally it sounds clean. I haven't figured out what review system to apply but right now, the old letter grades come to mind and I'd probably give him a B-. The positives are that everything sems to be in about the right place. The problem is that place never really changes. I thought most of the songs ran on and they ended up sounding fairly similiar. I guess I'm not a great reviewer because I can't really figure out a whole lot more to say about it. Maybe because I came away from it without really feeling like it was something I enjoyed. I didn't dislike it; I just didn't really get excited about it.

I still find it somewhat flattering to get the e-mail (even though he seems to have been pretty widespread with his flattery) so yeah, me and my readership of, well, two, assuming my IP readings are valid, appreciate it. That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment