The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Latest stuff

My head is all in a whirl. This last month I have just been absorbing all kinds of random information and have been reading all sorts of, mostly, unrelated things. This ranges from: history of California's Gold Rush, Antarctic exploration, Mieville's Perdito Street Station, lots of blogs, Gunther Grass's Crabwalk, Hornsby's How to be Good, and Gao Xingjian's Soul Mountain.

I think I have gotten into the "too much information" mode. I need to try and start doing analyses and that's only going to happen if I start writing. So I am giving myself this week to finish these up and then I will try and start writing some stuff. Not that it will be anything great but that I will at least fill up some screen space with sprawling text of many kinds.

I will probably start sooner because, well, because I'm not really very patient. I think I might have a candidate for another contributor too. We shall see. I think that would help vastly because me spouting off about stuff, well, that's not even what *I* had intended for this thing much less something I imagine anyone else would be interested in reading. Ahh well, such is life.

1 Comments:

At 8/08/2005 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it isn't all about me, but I don't think I am good enough for your blog, man.

 

Post a Comment