The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Generating interest

Here's the deal. I decided to create this blog because I would flip through the various blogs on blogspot in the hopes of randomly finding one that seemed interesting. I read a number of serious blogs about politics, science, economics, Asia, law, and even philosophy. Once I started wandering through blogs at random very few that seemed to be serious. So I am trying to just add another place where some kind of intelligent discussions about things that are in the news and in science can go forward. Also, I am hoping to force myself to be more active in fleshing out my thoughts and reading some different books and articles.

I will try to post at least once a day for these first few weeks whenever I am not travelling. After that, it will probably depend on my interest and whether or not I've heard from anybody else.

No pressure -- because after all, what kind of pressure would you get from reading nothing of substance from someone you don't know. Exactly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment