The [Ninja Turtles] henchmen Bebop and Rocksteady have hijacked the musical genres for us just like the Lone Ranger hijacked the William Tell Overture for our parents.

- xkcd

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

How many is too many?

This is yet another blog. This post is mostly just to let me sort out all of the settings there are to play with here. Also, to try and get this whole thing started.

Hopefully, this will let me capture some of my thoughts as I go and keep them from being completely forgotten about the following day. Unfortunately, this also means they are out there for anyone to see. I will see how it works.

Just to remind myself of what I'm trying to do (and in case anyone else actually stumbles upon this thing):
1. Post intelligently about subjects I'm interested in, namely:
a. biology -- particularly microbiology, genomics, and some cancer research
b. philosophy -- hellenistic (Greek), existentialism, a little ethics, and anything I stumble across
c. china -- current events, travel, philosophy, culture, and even paleontology
d. politics and policy -- probably not too much, and mostly US focused
e. music -- primarily rock'n'roll but whatever I can find.
2. Where am I -- probably a dash of travel and personal info
note: this is not a confessional or diary but a little bit of pretty pictures and "hey, look at me"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment